Greetings from our Clergy
Welcome to St. Stephen’s!
Who we are is an intentionally inclusive, prayerful and multigenerational congregation, a community of people in Calgary seeking to know and love God, creation, neighbor, and stranger. Better than who we are is what we intend to be: people pursuing spiritual and social transformation, people trying to follow Jesus’ loving example and commitment to justice and care.
Our congregation is woven of different economic statuses, races, ages, family configurations, cultural backgrounds, faith backgrounds, gender identities and sexual orientations. Some of us live locally in the Beltline, while others of us live farther flung, in neighborhoods across Calgary.
St. Stephen’s is a spiritual home where you can belong, where you can discern the meaning and purpose of your life, where others will care about you, and you can show you care for others. We regularly welcome newcomers to the community, and we are delighted to welcome you.
We enjoy meeting with newcomers to hear your story and answer questions you have about life in community.
The Rev. Nicole Janelle (Rector/Priest) and The Rev. Charmaine Evans (Deacon)
St. Stephen’s Anglican Church is a Community that is…
- Dedicated to worshipping and serving God;
- Growing in faith in Jesus Christ through study and learning;
- Rooted in Anglican tradition, yet open to other movements of God’s spirit in the world;
- Welcoming people of all ages, races, backgrounds and sexual orientation;
- Reaching out in a spirit of friendship and service to share God’s love, joy and peace.